[FFmpeg-soc] gsoc 2008 project

Robert Swain robert.swain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 20:17:34 CET 2008

On 22/03/2008, Sarath Lakshman | ശരത്ത് ലക്ഷ്മണ്
<sarathlakshman at slynux.org> wrote:
>  I would like to take up  the project to write GUI front end for ffmpeg for
>  gsoc 2008. It was actually me who proposed the idea in the IRC channel. I
>  have been looking for some GUI based tool for ffmpeg so that lots of tiny
>  video cutting, conversion can be carried out under GNU/Linux easily. I'm
>  pretty sure that this tool would be useful for lots of people working under
>  linux. It would definitely provide easy access to functionalities provided
>  by the ffmpeg.
>
>  *Project*
>  GUI for FFmpeg
>
>  Build a gui for the libs of FFmpeg. The main objective in this task is to
>  extent the codecs and formats to support querying of features and good
>  defaults. The actual GUI should just be a simple skeleton with support for
>  encoding of multiple files. Most of the work will be done in the libs.

Who was involved in the discussion? What ideas were put forward?

>  I would like to know about the qualifying task ?

I have an idea for one that would be appropriate for this task if we
can make a feasible SoC task out of the ideas. I'll save it for the
moment so it doesn't get snapped up by someone else for some less
appropriate task application.

Rob