[FFmpeg-soc] SoC and Cell task

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Tue Mar 25 12:42:43 CET 2008

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Hi, we have added 2 Cell projects on the SoC page. Now is the question
> if this is something we wanna do ? I think this would be nice to have
> but I'm unsure that we would get any qualified students for this task.
> Any comments ?

Advertising it is already a good first step.

Students interested should either have some previous experience with
cell or with software partitioning problems (mapping different part of
your program on different cpus/domains). The tasks we picked are
relatively simple so we can take in account the difficulty of the
platform in the time/effort budget.

lu

--

Luca Barbato