[FFmpeg-soc] [FFmpeg-devel] [Patch]GSoC 2008 qualification task TS Muxer

zhentan feng spyfeng at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:02:46 CET 2008

2008/3/25, Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com>:
> Hi,
>

>  zhentan feng wrote:
>  > 2008/3/25, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
>  >> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:57:16AM +0800, zhentan feng wrote:
>  >>  > 2008/3/25, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
>  >>
>  >> [...]
>  >>

> >>  I assume these are bugfixes for the TS muxer? We certainly do want them but
>  >>  they must be in a seperate patch. Not in the patch spliting the common PES
>  >>  code out.
>  >
>  > yes, these are bugfixes.But it was modified by the student last year,not me.
>

> Some are, and I fixed pcr computation.
>

>  > The situation is that I just download the codes from
>  > svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/soc/dvbmuxer
>  > and I got 4 files mpegtsenc.c, mpegenc.c,mpegpesenc.c,mpegpes.h,which
>  > are already bug
>  > fixed for mpegtsenc.c against the svn-devl codes, and already
>  > extracted some common codes.
>  >
>  > According to  baptiste.coudurie wrote in the early mail,I have just
>  > extracted more common codes and do not do any functional changes.
>  > As qualification task, I think I will do the next 2 things:
>  >
>  > 1.Test my codes , confirm it works correctly.
>  > 2.Create different patches for different situation:
>  >    i) create patches against  svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/soc/dvbmuxer to
>  > show my changes from the last year's students.
>

> Yes, current TS muxer in soc is working, however mpegtsenc.c and
>  mpegenc.c in soc svn shares too much code, you can see that already.
>  Im not sure if code from ffmpeg svn mpegenc.c can be extracted right
>  now, since It might not fit soc svn mpegtsenc.c code.

I have created a patch against svn soc and attached below again.
This is just a draft to show that I think they could be extracted ,but
it need to do some tricks (such as some NULL pointer, or flag)to make
both mpegtsenc.c and mpegenc.c can share most of the codes extracted.
So ,it maybe looks a little ugly :(

If you agree the changes , I will make it work correctly as soon as possible:)

>  First work on soc svn, and adapt mpegenc.c or mpegtsenc.c code if
>  needed. See flush_packet for example, it contains much common code. You
>  have to decide if it is worth to merge both functions and handle TS and
>  PS cases, or just rewrite a very small flush_packet for TS.

yes, I extract the common codes to ff_pes_cal_header() in mpegpesenc.c.

>  'mpegpesenc.c' in soc svn should contain common functions, it already
>  contains ff_pes_get_nb_frames for example, which is used by both muxer
>  in soc svn.
>

>  >    ii) create patches against svn-devel codes to show the bug fixed
>  > and  common codes extracted from mpegtsenc.c and mpegenc.c to
>  > mpegpesenc.c.
>  >
>  > am I right?
>

> Yes.

thanks for your reply, I'll try my best :)