[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Sat Mar 29 06:55:30 CET 2008

Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm passing the palette using extradata to the decoder.
> 1)Do I have to do this for every frame? BFI has the same palette for all the
> frames. Will extradata be refreshed to 0 after every frame by ffmpeg?

I'm going to say 'no' on this one. Actually, once your decoder has the
palette from the demuxer, the decoder can do what it wants with the
data. Neither he demuxer nor the engine have a say in the matter.

> 2)I'm assuming that in the decoder, I have to put the palette into
> data[1](based on the code that I read) and the frame's actual contents into
> data[0]. Is this right?

Sounds good.

> 3) Do I have to set the palette in the decoder for every frame? Or will
> doing it the first time suffice?

I can't remember exactly. You will probably see both methods if you look
at enough decoders. Try setting the palette on each frame. It probably
won't hurt.

--
	-Mike Melanson