[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:53:49 CET 2008

Thanks!
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Reimar Döffinger <
Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:18:49AM +0530, Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm passing the palette using extradata to the decoder.
> > 1)Do I have to do this for every frame? BFI has the same palette for all
> the
> > frames. Will extradata be refreshed to 0 after every frame by ffmpeg?
>
> No, extradata must remain unchanged over all the time. But please note
> (in case you are not aware) that extradata may not be endian specific
> (since that would break remuxing), so it might still make sense to make
> a copy in your decoder so you have the native-endian form ready (in case
> you set the palette every frame).

But since we're putting the bytes into extradata and we're reading from it
again...can't we control the endianness here? I mean, since we're storing
them there, wouldn't the way we suppose they should be decoded be the right
way? I couldn't get the part about breaking remuxing...can you please expand
on it a bit more?