[FFmpeg-soc] BFI

Sisir Koppaka sisir.koppaka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 19:56:06 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Sisir Koppaka <sisir.koppaka at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Each component of the BFI palette is 6 bits long...so I'm assuming the
> palette entries to be of the form [bbbbbbgg ggggrr rrrr][bb bbbbgg ggggrr
> rrrr]bb bbbb and so on....is this correct?
> It's going to be a helluva job demuxing this palette :) Why couldn't they
> just make it 8 bits! :)

 bytes 60-827   ( +3C) 256 RGB triplets (6-bit VGA palette values)

 They've allotted 256*3 bytes, so most probably they're storing it this way
- 00bbbbbb 00gggggg 00rrrrrr and so on... Would this interpretation of the
endianness be correct? Some of the codecs seem to be having the palette
ordered differently from the rest of the file.

Correction above: I meant to write [bbbbbbgg ggggrrrr rr][bbbbbb ggggggrr
rrrr]bbbb bb....not what was written above...misplaced the bits.