[FFmpeg-soc] Proposal SoC

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Mar 30 23:53:27 CEST 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 04:08:50PM -0300, Marcondes Ricarte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in submitting to the task of Soc the Speex Decoder. Who are
> the mentor of this task? (Mike)?

There is no mentor for the speex decoder as should be clear from the wiki.
It is possible but not certain that someone will still volunteer as mentor
for such mentorless projects.

[...]
> > About submission of the project to Soc I can choose any activity of the
> > page, some people may have already been chosen. What activities not yet been
> > chosen?

You can submit any application you like to google, you can also submit
multiple ones.
We will choose applications and students.
We choose depending on many things, which i belive mike already listed.
Either way your chances to be selected without having done a qualification
task or prior work for ffmpeg are near zero.

Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults. -- Antisthenes