[FFmpeg-soc] GSoC 2008 participation

Bartlomiej Wolowiec bartek.wolowiec at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 20:02:32 CEST 2008

On poniedziałek, 31 marca 2008, Benjamin Larsson wrote:

> > Nellymoser Encoder:
> > I understand that here work should be based on the decoder code (I saw
> > that the documentation is available, but it costs $6000), am I right?
> The only reference is the decoder.

I've got one more question:
In this task (also in few other tasks) is mentioned about implementation of
psychoacoustic model, so I searched for some information on this topic. I
found  http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Psychoacoustic_Model
  After a while of searching in FFmpeg source I haven't found a good
psychoacoustic model implemented in any encoder. Did I miss something or
maybe someone is working on it? Or maybe it's a good idea to use ready
implementation from e.g. LAME and add more universal api with ability to use
it in few encoders?

--
Bartlomiej Wolowiec