[FFmpeg-soc] Scheduling Thread

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Fri May 2 22:55:00 CEST 2008

Hello students,

Individuals' schedules are important to projects with deadlines. If you
are planning to be away or otherwise unavailable for stretches of time
during the summer, we need to know up front. Please respond in this
thread if you are aware of any extended scheduled absences (1 week or
more) between now and September 1. I don't need to know what you will be
doing; I just need to know in advance if we can expect to not hear from you.

NOTE: Mentors, I'm talking to you too. I want to know when you will be away.

As many of you know, I'm a hermit who never travels anywhere so I expect
to be available all the way through to September 1.

NON-COMMUNICATION POLICY: In addition to seeing constant progress on SVN
code, we want constant evidence that students are alive. You can
correspond with your mentor privately, or you can openly correspond with
the list. However, if you go for more than 7 days without communicating
with any of us through any channel (and you have not indicated that you
will be away, as stipulated above), we start writing emails and trying
to get in touch. If we don't hear from you for 14 days, we will
unceremoniously drop you from the project.

So let's have those vacation schedules. Thanks.

--
	-Mike Melanson