[FFmpeg-soc] Specific Project Goals

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 3 18:58:42 CEST 2008

Hello,
On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:00:45PM +0530, Sisir Koppaka wrote:
> We can't do ssh directly from our machines but they provide access to a
> public machine, from which we can ssh into the outside world.

How do you access that public machine? Sit directly in front or?

> I think this +
> tunnelling would work but only this is a security risk because anyone can
> login using the same public credentials. This is a viable option if someone
> could offer tunnelling help.

Depending on how their proxy handles https, simpler solutions probably
exist as well.
They might just let https directly through based on port alone, in which case
you will be able to connect via ssh to my router (ssh -p443 hokum.dyndns.org),
which I have not problem letting run 24/7.
And a quick check on debian packages comes up with httptunnel,
connect-proxy, corkscrew all of which allow tunneling through a http
proxy. I would have to run that on my main PC though, so I could provide
that only about 14 hours/day max.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger