[FFmpeg-soc] some questions about swscale

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sat May 3 20:29:00 CEST 2008

Replying here just for the record.

Keiji Costantini wrote:
> I took a look at sequent files in libswscale directory:
>
> Makefile
> swscale.h
> swscale.c
> swscale_internal.h
> swscale-example.c
>
> During the project I am told to *not* read the file "yuv2rgb.c". If
> there are other files not to read, it would be nice to know that. For
> now, I'm checking that every file I open contains an LGPL header or the
> permission of utilization under LGPL (as swscale.c).

I'm not sure, Michael I guess that this is the only one taboo (I'll try
to split out the stuff he could read to ease the work)

> regarding "swscale-example.c" and "swscale_internal.h"
> swscale-example.c includes swscale_internal.h which, according to
> Makefile, is not public. Could test function inside "swscale-example.c"
> be split from the file to have a clean "example" about using swscale
> (Just took about 1/2 hour to understand why it is there)?

I'd like to have the test routine split and have a test target as well.
That could be one of the first commit.

> regarding "swscale.c"
> Should asm code be split in different files - for example to let
> Makefile manage arch / cpu features (such mmx,3dnow etc)?

Basically:

- make an header out of the constants and macros that aren't that
related (e.g. the avoption and avclass stuff)

- try to get swscale-template.c built from some Makefile targets, check
the libavcodec

- move the remaining unrelated cruft in separate arch specific headers.

- remove the hack to avoid warnings about unused vars (there is a macro
already in place for it in libavutils/mem.h)

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member