[FFmpeg-soc] Tips From The Hardened FFmpeg Veterans

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed May 7 00:44:51 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 03:23:19PM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:

> * ccache (ccache.samba.org): This tool caches your compiled object
> files. Of course, this is most useful in a project with proper
> dependencies,

Proper dependency handling is irrelevant to ccache actually.

> and I'm never sure where FFmpeg is at in terms of proper dependencies.

Shame on you, Mike!  What rock have you been hiding under this past
weeks and months?  We have proper non-recursive make and absolutely
complete and automatic dependency handling now.

> And if you're never sure about this, use ccache. It's as
> easy as ' ./configure --cc="ccache gcc" '.

Or just make cc/gcc be a link to ccache.  Then it is 100% transparent.

Diego