[FFmpeg-soc] expand filter (alternative to pad syntax)

vmrsss vmrsss at gmail.com
Sun May 11 17:26:00 CEST 2008

On 11 May 2008, at 15:52, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> hmm, i think i misunderstood the code, maybe it is useful to keep,
> have you tested it?

yes, of course. The best way to use it is: pad=-1:-1:-1:-1:1.78:r,
which leaves the code to embed the frame in the smallest suitable 16/9
rectangle mod r, no other modifications. I'd like to improve the
sscanf to allow forms like pad=::::16/9, which at the moment would fail.

>>> unconditional copying is unacceptable
>>
>> help explain: Why unconditional? I am copying in->data between y
>> and y
>> +h, which I assume is what draw_slice(...,y,h) entitles to do.
>> Anyway,
>> more fittingly: how would you want that copying to be coded?
>
> There should be no copy.
> The source filter should directly draw into the larger buffer of the
> destination filter.

Ok, I don't know how to do this, but I'll look into it. Can you point
me to something?

>>> duplicate (rectangle drawing)
>>
>> Why duplicate? This is drawing the bottom bar, it's not done
>> elsewhere, but there is a typo as the last padcolor[1] should be
>> padcolor[2]. Again, where would you like this code to be merged?
>
> Both cases draw a rectangle, so its duplicate.

Oh, I see. I suppose it can be pulled out in to a function.

One more thing:

> trailing whitespace is forbidden in svn as well

Not sure I get this: trailing whitespace where? At the of a line? Of a
block? Of the file?

cheers.
vmrsss