[FFmpeg-soc] expand filter (alternative to pad syntax)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun May 11 21:46:18 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 04:26:00PM +0100, vmrsss wrote:
> On 11 May 2008, at 15:52, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > hmm, i think i misunderstood the code, maybe it is useful to keep,
> > have you tested it?
>
> yes, of course. The best way to use it is: pad=-1:-1:-1:-1:1.78:r,
> which leaves the code to embed the frame in the smallest suitable 16/9
> rectangle mod r, no other modifications. I'd like to improve the
> sscanf to allow forms like pad=::::16/9, which at the moment would fail.

> >> help explain: Why unconditional? I am copying in->data between y
> >> and y
> >> +h, which I assume is what draw_slice(...,y,h) entitles to do.
> >> Anyway,
> >> more fittingly: how would you want that copying to be coded?
> >
> > There should be no copy.
> > The source filter should directly draw into the larger buffer of the
> > destination filter.
>
> Ok, I don't know how to do this, but I'll look into it. Can you point
> me to something?

override get_video_buffer() and pass the buffer request on to the next
filter but modify the width/height.

Note iam not sure if this is the only/best way and it might need some
slight API changes ...
maybe bobby wants to comment?

Asymptotically faster algorithms should always be preferred if you have
asymptotical amounts of data