[FFmpeg-soc] expand filter (alternative to pad syntax)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun May 18 00:11:58 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 10:36:38PM +0900, Ryo Hirafuji wrote:
> Hi.
> I simplified the source.
> "sscanf" works very well, thanks. ^^
>
> I have some questions.
>
> > there is always a way :)
> > Code duplication is not acceptable in ffmpeg and always means patch rejection
> > so if there is no way to access the information from pix_fmt_info then
> > solution would be to add a way ...
>
> So... you mean that I should post ffmpeg-dev with a patch of libavcodec?

Yes, unless there is already a way to access the needed information.

> >> Other filters are also drawing images in the same way, aren't they?
> >> (For example,vf_drawbox.)
> >
> > there is no memcpy() in vf_drawbox
>
> Yes, but "vf_drawbox" also draws images into the memory directly.
> (please see "draw_box()")

Yes, and expand could draw the black border in the memory directly.
If the allocated buffer would be large enough.
The tricky part is to make it large enough.

Many things microsoft did are stupid, but not doing something just because
microsoft did it is even more stupid. If everything ms did were stupid they
would be bankrupt already.