[FFmpeg-soc] expand filter (alternative to pad syntax)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat May 31 14:03:01 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:40:21AM +0200, Vitor Sessak wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 06:30:21PM +0200, Vitor Sessak wrote:
> > [...]
> >> I've discussed it a little with vmrsss in pvt and I think the solution
> >> to it would be to negotiate the link dimensions during graph creation as
> >> we do for pix_fmt. But after this is done, the changes to make vf_pad.c
> >> memcpy-less would be rather minor, so I think this filter is better
> >> commited to the soc tree (after review) instead of bitrotting as a patch
> >> in the mailing list.
> >
> > as i said i dont mind it being commited to soc
> > i do mind it being commited to ffmpeg-svn before the issue is solved.
>
> I know. But since I plan getting all the filters from soc into ffmpeg
> svn one day, I do care if there is anything other than the memcpy that
> is not svn-ready. Also, what do you think of the idea of buffer size
> negotiation (in the same way we do pixfmt negotiation)? I'll quote what
> I worte to vmrsss in pvt:

What effect would that have on a decoder changing the output image size?
Also what about
- int (*request_frame)(AVFilterLink *link);
+ int (*request_frame)(AVFilterLink *link, int width, int height, int left, int top);

where left/top is extra memory being allocated ...

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates