[FFmpeg-soc] Make Your Initial Checkins

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sat May 31 19:30:08 CEST 2008

zhentan feng wrote:
> I just clone a repositories at
> http://gitorious.org/projects/libswscale/repos/zhentanFengs-clone-ForTest
>
> then
> 1, I cloned the project of zhentanFengs-clone-ForTest to my local host.
> 2, I added a new file and did some changes on the file cs_test.c just for
> test.

as in

git add new_file
git add changed file
git commit

?

> 3, I run the git push command as:
>
> git push git at gitorious.org:libswscale/zhentanFengs-clone-ForTest.git  according
> to the web notes says.
>
> And the server says:Everything up-to-date.
>
> But nothing change happened on the web page.
>
> I have read the git push help and still confused with the workflow of it.

the workflow usually is the following

stuff

git commit -m "stuff" thing I changed and are a commit

stuff

git commit -m "more stuff" -a

something else

git commit -m "other things" -a

git-format-patch -o /tmp/tobesent origin

git-send-email /tmp/tobesent

get replies from the usual people saying everything is ok

git push

lu

--

Luca Barbato