[FFmpeg-soc] ALAC Benchmarks

Justin Ruggles justin.ruggles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 00:14:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

Kurtnoise wrote:
> Jai Menon a écrit :
>
>> Mike, did you by any chance get time to do the benchmarks with the alac
>> encoder in FFmpeg-svn? I
>
> Next week, I'll try to do several benchmarks between the 3 ALAC encoders
> avaialable from now but Justin Ruggles told me few days ago that it was
> too early ?!!! Justin, could you enlight me about this ? you're waiting
> the complete svn sync, right ?

Did I say that?  Oh...I did.  Basically, what I'm saying is that there
are bigger plans for the encoder, which were temporarily cut short to
get it into SVN.  I know Jai has continued to work on it, but I think he
also has other obligations now that SoC is over.

Testing now would be fine.  Just keep an eye out for improvements. :)

-Justin