[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r3744 - aacenc/aacenc.c

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 23:01:59 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now it is slower than before (and M/S detection is not
> enabled yet),

Your latest figure was 30 times slower than realtime on Core2. How is it now?

> but stereo stream at ~64kbps is significantly
> better now (and I'm almost pleased with it).

That rises another question: I thought that current code couldn't do
any kind of bitrate control. How can one currently control the quality
of the encode currently then? Do you need to pass a bitrate, and the
resulting encode with be a CBR, ABR, or VBR encode? Do you pass a
quality figure like vorbis uses?

Cheers!

Guillaume
--
One should not give up hope on imbeciles. With a little training, you
can make them into soldiers.