[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter - filter for .ass subtitle rendering using libass

Alexey Lebedeff binarin at binarin.ru
Tue Feb 24 11:54:08 CET 2009

I've made a simple filter which renders subtitles using libass, and
now using ffmpeg with it to create .mp4 files for streaming onto PS3.

Before that, I made half a dozen of unsuccessful attempts using
mplayer/mencoder. So for me it is the only working method for making
.ass hardsubs on linux server.

However, there is some license problems: libass is under GPL, not LGPL
as the rest of libavfilter/ffmpeg.

If there is any interest in it, I'll do some cleanup to code,
properly integrate it into build process, and share the results.