[FFmpeg-soc] AAC Encoding - Where we stand, what's left

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Jul 8 21:28:27 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 01:12:20AM -0400, Alex Converse wrote:
[...]
> One other big thing: Improvements to faac helps many people right now.
> People do (sadly) use faac for things. Improving the lavc encoder
> really only helps you and me until it's fit to merge, and who knows
> when that could be.

i do, you have my permission to merge it now. Lets call it an experiment
we try to clean it up and generalize what can be generalized once it is in
main svn, not before ...
also no patch needed, just commit, i trust you not to break main svn.

Also if you need (per codec) options as you said, tell me which, ill add them

Are there any problems left for an AAC encoder in ffmpeg?

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates