[FFmpeg-soc] Preferred XML library for XSPF playlist parsing (or write one from scratch)?

Geza Kovacs gkovacs at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 12 10:14:31 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm starting work on an XSPF playlist parser, and since XSPF (as well as
SMIL and ASX) is an XML format, and FFmpeg doesn't seem to have its own
XML parser nor does it link against any existing ones, I'd like to know
whether there's any preferred existing XML parser I could use and link
against (Expat, libxml2?), or whether I should write my own rudimentary
parser from scratch to avoid external dependencies. If it's the latter,
should it be put at libavutil/xml.c or libavformat/xml.c?

Thanks,
Geza