[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r4506 - in rtmp: rtmp.patch rtmpdec.c rtmpproto.c

Kostya kostya.shishkov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 20:46:53 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 02:23:44PM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:18 PM, kostya <subversion at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:
>
> > Convert RTMP demuxer into protocol handler
>

> Might be a good moment to discuss how we'd like to do seeking in these cases
> - same goes for MMS at some level as well (it's ASF, but seeking is suddenly
> done at protocol level).

The easiest solution to me is to introduce
int url_seek_protocol_specific(int64_t timestamp)

to URLProtocol. It will allow sending generic seek commands to server in
case of streamed media by means of protocol handler. As a side effect
I'll have an opportunity to bump LIBAVFORMAT_VERSION_MAJOR and to use
av_log() with URLContext :)

> Btw great work so far Kostya, I'll try to do some review tonight.

I promised to deliver more or less working client before LinuxTag, so
I'm trying. Writing streaming part would be a bit harder.