[FFmpeg-soc] vf_overlay with transparancy

Vitor Sessak vitor1001 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:46:24 CEST 2009

Zeger Knops wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I needed vf_overlay to use luminance based transparancy I've written a small extension for the overlay filter to accomplish this.

Thanks for the patch, but this is not what I see as the best way of
doing it. I think that the right way to accomplish this is with the
following filter chain

input 1  ------------------> overlay_with_alpha --> output
                           /
input 2  --> add_alpha --/

A patch to add alpha handling to vf_overlay.c has been posted to
ffmpeg-devel (search for the thread "Support alphablending in the
overlay filter"). The add_alpha filter has also been posted to
ffmpeg-devel, see vf_alpha.patch in thread "[RFC] Alpha support".

Finally, to generate a lisible patch, I suggest you go to the soc tree
directory and use "svn diff".

-Vitor