[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter audio work - qualification task

S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram smeenaks at ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 1 07:44:03 CEST 2010

On 03/31/2010 02:10 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 12:17:28AM +0530, Jai Menon wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Stefano Sabatini
>> <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it>  wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>

>>> As for the qualification task, in the case people don't like the
>>> vf_imlib2 port, I suggest a deinterlace/interlace filter which seems
>>> needed for video filters integration in ffmpeg, I believe there is
>>> something in MPlayer/libmpcodecs which can be used as reference, but
>>> as I said anything related to audio/filtering should be OK for showing
>>> us if you seem able to accomplish the GSoC task.
>>>
>> I'm not sure how far along the libavfilter audio scaffolding is but a
>> simple volume filter perhaps.
>>
> If the goal of the project is to design a audio filter layer and
> implement it. then the qualification task should contain part of
> the designing. That is unless the mentor will do the design and
> the student then just implements it.
> either way designing the audio filter system, and discussing this
> design early and getting this design approved before implementing
> it seems appropriate.
> Or is there some useable design already?
>
> [...]

Hi All,

Based on the posts above, here's what I was thinking of doing as a
qualification task :

1. Fix the configure_filters function in ffmpeg.c to work for both video
and audio filters.

2. Bring the af_null and af_vol filters from soc/afilters to
soc/avfilter and generalize avfilter framework to work with the af_*
filters. This should involve a minimal design for the avfilter audio
changes.

3. af_vol currently just scales input by two. Modify af_vol to have some
basic volume filter functionality.

Please let me know if I have understood the tasks right and if this will
work as a qualification task.

Thanks,
Hemanth