[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter audio work - qualification task

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Apr 5 19:32:59 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 07:11:50PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > For the deinterlace filter, do we want just a vf_* wrapper for
> > imgconvert functions or should the code be ported to the
> > vf_deinterlace filter?
>
> It should be ported, lavfi should not depend on lavc (that is it
> should be usable without any libavcodec installed).

Uh, any of the advanced deinterlace filters and some more of MPlayer's
filters depend on lavc.
I don't think Michael will accept if you propose to duplicate half the
snow encoder in lavfi.
So except for basic functionality I don't see that much point in avoid
a dependency on lavc if it duplicates more than just a few lines of
code.