[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter audio work - qualification task

S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram smeenaks at ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 8 17:05:02 CEST 2010

On 04/05/2010 10:11 AM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Monday 2010-04-05 08:44:15 -0700, S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram encoded:
>
>> On 04/05/2010 02:43 AM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>>
>>> On date Thursday 2010-04-01 11:53:42 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:

>>> As alternative to this, any video libavfilter task should be OK
>>> (e.g. port a filter from MPlayer/libmpcodecs or write a new one), note
>>> that vf_imlib.c is *not* a valid qualification task (see
>>> https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue302), this should help you to get
>>> confident with the FFmpeg/libavfilter API.
>>>
>>> I especially recommend: a deinterlace filter (check the code in
>>> libavcodec/imgconvert.c), a libfreetype wrapper (check as reference
>>> vhook/drawtext.c in ffmpeg-0.5).
>>>
>>> Ask here or on IRC if you have questions.
>>>

>> I am planning to do the deinterlace, libfreetype first and then
>> continue with this.
>>
> Good. Feel free to join the discussion on ffmpeg-devel regarding the
> libavfilter API, consider that as part of the qual task.

Hi All,

The vf_drawtext filter is almost done but I am having problems linking
in the freetype libraries. I attempted the attached changes to the
ffmpeg Makefile but I see the following error :

ffmpeg/libavfilter/libavfilter.a(vf_drawtext.o): In function `draw_text':
ffmpeg/libavfilter/vf_drawtext.c:422: undefined reference to
`FT_Get_Kerning'

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks