[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter audio work - qualification task

S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram smeenaks at ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 9 17:02:50 CEST 2010

On 04/08/2010 09:54 PM, S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 10:52 AM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> I believe the right syntax is: $(shell freetype-config --cflags)
>>
>> anyway this is not the right way to do it, in configure add something
>> of the kind:
>> enabled drawtext_filter&&  check_lib2 freetype2/freetype.h
>> freetype_init -lfreetype
>>
>> drawtext_filter_deps="freetype2_freetype_h"
>> drawtext_filter_extralibs="-lfreetype"
>>
>> (maybe the last line is not strictly necessary.)
>>
> Hi,
>
> Attached is drawtext.diff which contains the libavfilter folder
> Makefile change, allfilters.c change and vf_drawtext.c
>
> I removed the Makefile changes and added what you suggested above into
> the configure script (as in configure.diff).
> config.err still showed some errors initially and after tweaking it a
> little, the errors stopped. (My headers are in /usr/include/freetype).
>
> Now it shows :
>
> check_header ft2build.h
> BEGIN /tmp/ffconf.OwX6Cozb.c
>     1   #include <ft2build.h>
>     2   int x;
> END /tmp/ffconf.OwX6Cozb.c
> ..
> check_lib2 FT_FREETYPE_H FT_Init_FreeType -lfreetype
> check_func_headers FT_FREETYPE_H FT_Init_FreeType -lfreetype
> check_ld -lfreetype
>
> Is this right?
>
> Am seeing two problems :
>
> 1. Whenever configure is run, it generates config.mak with
>
> !CONFIG_DRAWTEXT_FILTER=yes
>
> and config.h with
>
> #define CONFIG_DRAWTEXT_FILTER 0
>
> I have to manually change before it attempts to build vf_drawtext
>

> 2.
>
> I still see the 'undefined reference to...' linker errors for the
> freetype calls :(
>
> Can you give me some pointers on what could be wrong. For the 1st
> problem, I tried looking for any other places a new filter needs to be
> registered/included and couldn't find any. For the 2nd,
>
> I am a newbie to configure scripts, so can you please explain what the
> configure script lines actually mean.
>
> Thanks,

Had missed out uninit earlier. Attaching fixed version. From the
config.err log, it looks like -lfreetype is included and yet the linking
fails. I tried building a standalone program using freetype in the same
way and it works. So the freetype libs and include paths are ok and
something must be going wrong with configure. Could someone help me out
with a quick way to link in the library directly so I can test drawtext
for now.

Thanks