[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter audio work - qualification task

S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram smeenaks at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 19 01:10:35 CEST 2010

On 04/13/2010 12:05 AM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Monday 2010-04-12 22:52:44 -0700, S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram encoded:
> [...]
>
>> I had one (dumb?) question about yadif :
>>
>> Since the PicRef structure in libavfilter has no 'fields' member,
>> how do I find out if the image data in the buffer is
>> MP_IMGFIELD_ORDERED, MP_IMGFIELD_TOP_FIRST etc. Is it indicated in
>> the PixelFormat?
>>
> Ehm no, I believe we need to add it to the AVFilterPicRef struct.

Hi,

I have a couple more questions :

1. It looks like we output two frames for every input frame/field if
mode is 1 or 3, else we output a single frame. Is this right?
2. The mplayer code has a correct_pts variable that seems to allow
doubling of frame rate. Here is it safe to assume this is always
allowed/true?
3. If I add a 'fields' member to AVFilterPicRef struct, how do I make
sure it will be set to the right value (i.e. TOP_FIRST etc)?

Thanks