[FFmpeg-soc] vp8 de/packetizers

Josh Allmann joshua.allmann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 02:25:47 CEST 2010

On 2 August 2010 16:51, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Josh Allmann <joshua.allmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, I talked to the dev responsible for gstreamer's vp8 RTP.
>> Apparently gstreamer's implementation is made up, so we're going to be
>> incompatible with them until a more official spec is published.
>
> No surprise there. OK, feel free to apply whenever people stop giving
> comments then.
>
>> +    int            is_keyframe; // this is rather unused
>
> That's not good, it should set PKT_FLAG_KEY.

Done. This also fixed stream copying on the receiver side; I didn't
realize that was a bug.

Also added doxy to the depacketizer, and a comment in the packetizer
indicating where to locate the spec.

Unless I've mis-counted my marker bits yet again, we are in full
compliance with the spec, except for the parts that are undefined --
the "VP8" encoding name in particular.

Josh