[FFmpeg-soc] vp8 de/packetizers

Josh Allmann joshua.allmann at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 11:23:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 12 August 2010 13:15, Martin Storsjö <martin at martin.st> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Luca Abeni wrote:
>
>> On 12/08/10 21:56, Martin Storsjö wrote:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > Yeah, it is printed with av_log, he just prints it in sdp.c instead of
>> > adding a separate VP8-specific case in the rtpenc initialization (where
>> > none is needed otherwise).
>> Ah, I see... But I think that adding a VP8 case in rtp_write_header() would be
>> a better idea (for some reason, people might stream VP8 over RTP without
>> calling avf_sdp_create()).
>
> Hmm, good point.

Done. I'm not sure whether AV_LOG_WARNING prints to stderr?

>> Also, after reading the patch I think it would be nicer to have rtp_send_vp8()
>> defined in a separate rtpenc_vp8.c file (sorry, I did not read the full
>> archives, so I do not know if this has been discussed before).
>
> No, it hasn't been discussed before - I guess Josh thought it was so short
> that it didn't require a separate file, but if you'd prefer that, I guess
> he can change it that way. :-)

Done. It feels a bit unwieldy though -- not only is the function
really short, but the diff now touches rtpenc.h, the Makefile, and
adds another non-static function to the ff_ namespace. My preference
would be to keep it in rtpenc.c, but I'm not maintainer.

Also added the vp8->data check that was requested by Martin earlier.

The proposal also moved to the webm website, so I've updated the
in-code docs accordingly.
http://www.webmproject.org/code/specs/rtp/

Finally, updated the Changelog, bumped micro, and rebased against the
LATM patch so everything should be up to date.

Josh