[FFmpeg-soc] http header dictionary

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 20:29:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Josh Allmann <joshua.allmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to add some, replace some, and remove some. But not hundreds.
> Will setting headers via flat strings be preferable? Like in the following:
> http://github.com/j0sh/ffmpeg-soc/commit/004f4a60761fd7dc3d299525b7f337550f0cc5cd

Yes.

I agree with Michael, a dictionary is way too much complexity. It's
the Java/c# way of solving a non-problem. In the HTTP proto handler's
header creation function, a simple strcasestr() in the "custom header"
of "bla:" (or, more elegantly, startswith("bla:") or
strcasestr("\r\nbla:")) should be more than sufficient.

Ronald