[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r5825 - mms/mmsh.c

zhentan feng spyfeng at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 03:38:10 CEST 2010

Hi

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Martin Storsjö <martin at martin.st> wrote:

> Hi Zhentan,
>
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2010, spyfeng wrote:
>
> > Author: spyfeng
> > Date: Sun Jun  6 19:17:38 2010
> > New Revision: 5825
> >
> > Log:
> > add primary version for mmsh.c which can't pass the compile.
> > TODO:
> > 1, parse the asf header.
> > 2, finish mmsh_read().
> > 3, compile and fix bugs.
> > 4, extract common codes with mmst.c
>
> It seems you're using the tcp protocol directly here - would it be
> possible to use the http protocol instead, with a few modifications? That
> would reduce the code duplication. As you've seen in other mails here,
> Josh is adding some customizations to the http protocol, to allow setting
> custom headers. Is that enough in order for you to use it, or do you need
> some other modifications, too?

yes. you are right. I intended to code based on http.c.
but I am not sure how to modified it exactly, it may pollution http.c.
so I decided to make a wheel from tcp(it's not complicated :p), and make
mmsh as a separated file.
once I make mmsh.c works, I have already knew exactly what I should modify
the code.
then I will merge it use http.c.

I see you set a custom User-Agent field - is that only to minimize the
> differences, or is it strictly needed? If it is needed, this is a point
> for allowing overriding existing headers with the custom headers in Josh's
> patchset.
>
> I am sorry I haven't read Josh's patch, I'll check it and learn something
from it.
thanks a lot.

zhentan
--