[FFmpeg-soc] [RFC] rename vsrc movie to vsrc file

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Wed Jun 9 12:11:25 CEST 2010

On date Wednesday 2010-06-09 03:00:05 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
> On 5/11/10 3:39 PM, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> >On 05/11/2010 03:18 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >>On date Wednesday 2010-05-12 00:10:28 +0200, Vitor Sessak encoded:

> >>Exactly. What we're really taking in input is a lavf
> >>resource/source/stream.
> >>
> >>Maybe vsrc_stream, but I continue to prefer "lavf" as it is using the
> >>lavf syntax/capabilities.
> >>

> >I think users don't really know about lavf, it won't be obvious for them
> >at all...
> >

> So, victor, stefano ? Do we agree on a name or ? Michael what do you think ?

I'm for (in this order):

* vsrc_lavf (and explain in details where this name comes from, and
  its capabilities)

* vsrc_movie -> same as currently, yet better than vsrc_file which is
  misleading IMHO.

> Can you guys please review vsrc_movie.c ?

I'll try to do it this night, please start by posting the patch to
ffmpeg-devel.

> It would be nice to have overlay in svn.

+1.

Regards.