[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r5821 - libavfilter/vf_overlay.c

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 12:06:30 CEST 2010

On 6/9/10 4:49 PM, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 06/09/2010 03:22 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> On date Friday 2010-06-04 22:15:35 +0200, bcoudurier encoded:
>>> Author: bcoudurier
>>> Date: Fri Jun 4 22:15:35 2010
>>> New Revision: 5821
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> Direct rendering in overlay filter.
>>> RGB24 support.
>>> Doesn't work with movie in movie yet, needs loop input feature for logos
>>> either in movie filter or here.
>>
>> This broke movie in movie.
>
> Yes, I mentioned this in the commit log :)
>
>> Again, please *don't* make massive changes and introduce regressions
>> without not even posting and discussing the changes before, testing
>> with ffplay is a bonus.
>>
>> Consider to fix the regression or revert the patch if you can't do it
>> in a reasonable amount of time, or at least try to justify because
>> this change should be an improvement over the previous behaviour.

Besides, I believe you are overreacting here. If you can't realize why
direct rendering is way better that what was in before, I can't help you.
And if you had reviewed the filter you would have seen that there is a
commented test about pts which would fetch the next frame from the
overlayed source.
My comment about loop input is pretty clear, if you actually read the
code...
If you overlay a logo, you want the input to loop, if you are overlayed
a video, you don't want the last frame to loop.

Besides the previous code with pts was weird, the output pts should
always be the main video pts AFAIU.

I'd appreciate if people could actually review the changes and make
constructive comments.

--
Baptiste COUDURIER