[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r5665 - libavfilter/vf_rotate.c

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Mon Mar 15 12:44:32 CET 2010

On date Sunday 2010-03-14 20:24:34 -0500, Bobby Bingham encoded:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:55:11 +0100 (CET)
> stefano <subversion at mplayerhq.hu> wrote:
>
> > Author: stefano
> > Date: Sat Mar 13 14:55:11 2010
> > New Revision: 5665
> >
> > Log:
> > Prevent rotate from calling avfilter_default_draw_slice(), which was
> > causing randomic behaviour.
> >
> > Only one slice has to be passed to the next filter, in the end_frame()
> > callback.
>
> Perhaps a better solution is actually to change
> av_filter_draw_slice() to not call avfilter_default_draw_slice().
> I see three cases:
>
> 1. filters like vf_rotate, vf_transpose, etc which only send one slice
> at the very end.  These should not call avfilter_default_draw_slice().
>
> 2. filters which do some filtering in their own draw_slice.  These
> always override avfilter_default_draw_slice().
>
> 3. filters which do not touch the video data: vf_null, vf_setpts, etc.
> These can use avfilter_default_draw_slice(), but I think they are the
> minority of filters.  They can simply specify
> avfilter_default_draw_slice as their draw_slice callback.

I think the semantics for the default callbacks is this:
"call the default callback if the callback is not explicitely defined
in the filter".

and should be respected for all the types of default_* callbacks.

BTW, it's great to see you back in action on lavfi!! :-)

Regards.