[FFmpeg-soc] soc qualification

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Mar 27 17:46:45 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:29:39PM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Sumit Sarkar <govsarkar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > iii) AACS implementation
>
> Talk to the respective mentors (Kostya & Reimar) on IRC or via email.

I am unfortunately almost never on IRC currently.
The problem with the AACS task is that it was originally meant to cover
HD-DVD and BluRay, however I feel we might have trouble getting HD-DVD
samples.
For BluRay the infrastructure to pass the key to the proper layer (stream
layer IMO here) is not even there.
So if you want to do this task I would suggest coming up with a design
of how the decryption would fit into FFmpeg and a minimal "demo"
implementation as far as you can get as a qualification task.
If others have comments that would be welcome, because I haven't thought
about this proposed task since over a year and am no longer 100% sure
about it anymore.

Reimar