[FFmpeg-soc] BSAC AAC Decoder

Alex Converse alex.converse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 06:53:51 CEST 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM, David Sanders
<davidsanders at umail.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was hoping to submit an application for the suggested BSAC AAC decoder
> project. If I could get into contact with the proposed mentor, Alex
> Converse, that would be great. This list looks like it's mostly commit logs,
> but I was pointed in this direction, so I'm hoping Alex or someone else will
> notice this.
>
> Thanks.

Hi David,

Thanks for the interest. We spoke a little bit on IRC.

A good qualification task would be arithmetic decoding of scale
factors, noise energy, and intensity stereo positions for the base
layer. Don't worry that it sounds like three separate things. They all
use the same procedure. It's described in section "4.6.4.4 Decoding of
scale factors, noise energy, and intensity stereo position."

--Alex