[FFmpeg-soc] libavfilter audio work - qualification task

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Wed Mar 31 21:09:45 CEST 2010

On date Thursday 2010-04-01 00:17:28 +0530, Jai Menon encoded:
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Stefano Sabatini
> <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > As for the qualification task, in the case people don't like the
> > vf_imlib2 port, I suggest a deinterlace/interlace filter which seems
> > needed for video filters integration in ffmpeg, I believe there is
> > something in MPlayer/libmpcodecs which can be used as reference, but
> > as I said anything related to audio/filtering should be OK for showing
> > us if you seem able to accomplish the GSoC task.
>
> I'm not sure how far along the libavfilter audio scaffolding is but a
> simple volume filter perhaps.

BTW for the student which are not aware of that, there is the afilters
repo of the last year GSoC (but badly outdated):

svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/soc/afilters

I'm not even sure if it can compile, I'll try to have a look at it and
put it in shape in the Easter weekend, thinking at it an audio filter
task would be ideal.

Regards.