[FFmpeg-trac] #713(undetermined:new): sws_scale crashes after deinterlacing with avpicture_deinterlace (only on recent versions of FFmpeg)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Dec 6 15:53:01 CET 2011

#713: sws_scale crashes after deinterlacing with avpicture_deinterlace (only on
recent versions of FFmpeg)
             Reporter:  Andrea3000   |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |
 I use FFmpeg API in my Mac OS X application to decode video frames.
 In case of interlaced frame I'm used to:
 1) convert frame to YUV420P with sws_scale
 2) deinterlace frame with avpicture_deinterlace
 3) convert frame back to my required pixel format (UYVY422) with sws_scale
 (I obviuosly use two different swscale context)

 This has always worked fine with git development branch of FFmpeg
 till end of october.

 On 11th of november I updated FFmpeg to the latest version
 available on git repository and since then (till today's version of
 FFmpeg)
 my app crash while performing deinterlace and picture format conversion.

 If I convert frame to YUV420P and then back to UYVY422 (without
 deinterlacing),
 it works fine but frame is obviously interlaced.

 If I convert frame to YUV420P and then deinterlace it (without back
 converting to
 UYVY422), the app doesn't crash but the output is obviously only a green
 tint.

 It's only the combination of all three steps (conversion, deinterlacing
 and back
 conversion) which makes my app crash. Debugging the crash I discovered
 that
 it is caused by yv12touyvy_MMX2 function but, unfortunately, that function
 has
 not been changed from end of october till now..

 It happens with every movie file.

 Since I'm using FFmpeg as API, I'm not able to provide further
 informations..or I don't know how to do it at least..

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/713>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>