[FFmpeg-trac] #325(avfilter:new): Aspect Ratio of input Video required to e.g. automatically add correct letterbox/pillarbox when rescaling video

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jul 4 17:43:55 CEST 2011

#325: Aspect Ratio of input Video required to e.g. automatically add correct
letterbox/pillarbox when rescaling video
------------------------+-----------------------
Reporter:  Pae8uuW5     |       Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Blocking:               |  Reproduced:  0
Analyzed:  1            |
------------------------+-----------------------

Comment (by Pae8uuW5):

 Tested and working as intended for my test cases. I've just started the
 switch to ffmpeg 0.8, so including this in just the 0.8 branch would be
 sufficient for me.

 I'm quite confused as to what dar and sar are actually supposed to mean,
 the common usage appears to be different from your implementation, see
 e.g. the output of ffmpeg 0.8 below:
 {{{
 Stream #0.0(und): Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline), yuv420p, 512x1080
 [PAR 135:64 DAR 1:1], 72 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 50 tbc
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/325#comment:2>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>