[FFmpeg-trac] #363(undetermined:open): libavcodec 0.7.1 breaks libasound_module_pcm_a52.so (from libasound2-plugins)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Jul 26 21:27:46 CEST 2011

#363: libavcodec 0.7.1 breaks libasound_module_pcm_a52.so (from
libasound2-plugins)
Reporter:  piru                                  |       Owner:
    Type:  defect                                |      Status:  open
Blocking:                                        |  Reproduced:  0
Analyzed:  0                                     |

Comment (by reimar):

 Hm, my conclusion was based on packages.debian.org
 However libav 0.7.1 would be libavcodec53...
 There is a possibility that the A52 encode plugin sets the sample format
 to something invalid like SAMPLE_FMT_NONE which we possibly did not check
 before.
 Adding a workaround for that should be simple, though I'd need to verify
 that first.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/363#comment:3>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>