[FFmpeg-trac] #548(FFplay:new): ffplay in fullscreen mode shows greenish image on osx 10.6.6 with libsdl 1.2.14

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Oct 15 13:13:42 CEST 2011

#548: ffplay in fullscreen mode shows greenish image on osx 10.6.6 with libsdl
1.2.14
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  cbsrobot    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by cbsrobot):

 Yes the same problem occurs with the patch - but at least it does not
 crash anymore. The subject I wrote is wrong: the blue channel does not get
 displayed, so the image is more yellowish.

 I installed latest libsdl from hg and am trying to resolve the issue
 within libsdl atm.

 If somebody is interested to chime in: I found following comment in
 SDL_QuarzVideo.m, but I'm not sure if it still valid:
 {{{
     /*
      * This is a big hassle, needing QuickDraw and QuickTime on older
      *  systems, and god knows what on 10.6, so we immediately fail here,
      *  which causes SDL to make an RGB surface and manage the YUV overlay
      *  in software. Sorry. Use SDL 1.3 if you want YUV rendering in a
 pixel
      *  shader.  :)
      */
     /*device->CreateYUVOverlay = QZ_CreateYUVOverlay;*/
 }}}

 So I tried to modify the rgba bitmasks (in the QZ_SetVideoMode function in
 the same file) and either I get Fullscreen working properly or Windowed
 mode, but never both and although this function gets called when switching
 from/to fullscreen/window, the rgba bitmasks do not get updated or the
 rgba bitmasks get redefined somewhere else ... I'm still digging.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/548#comment:2>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>