[FFmpeg-trac] #562(FFmpeg:new): I am trying to encode the TS of Japanese terrestrial shows but "PES packet size mismatch" occurs.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Oct 16 18:40:28 CEST 2011

#562: I am trying to encode the TS of Japanese terrestrial shows but "PES packet
size mismatch" occurs.
               Reporter:             |                  Owner:  michael
  Emmanuel_Chanel                    |                 Status:  new
                   Type:  defect     |              Component:  FFmpeg
                Version:             |               Blocking:
  unspecified                        |  Analyzed by developer:  0
             Blocked By:             |
Reproduced by developer:  0          |
 *
  1. I've installed ffmpeg on Ubuntu by the way on
 http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=786095 except the point that I
 set --prefix=/usr few days ago. I reinstalled today. But the problem isn't
 solved.
  2. I'm in Japan. And I record TV shows aired in Japan. The shows are
 saved as MPEG-TS files.
   1. When I tried to encode the TS files of "Lie To Me" S1EP03 and of
 "Cold Case" S3EP19 into mp4 file with libx264, "PES packet size mismatch"
 occurs. They are aired on TV-Tokyo, a terrestrial channel. When I tried to
 encode one of "IT White Box"(NHK-G, a terrestrial one), same error occurs.
   2. I find ok to encode the TS files of "Good Wife" S02EP02(NHK BS
 Premium) and "Covert Affairs" S1EP02(BS-TBS) into mp4 file with libx264.
 NHK BS Premium and BS-TBS are satellite channels.
 I attach the reproduced lines of the trouble with "Lie To Me" (by the
 command below). Other encoding commands referred above is like that.

 emmanuel at star2:~/Recording/ProductsTStoEncode$ ffmpeg -i
 Lie_To_Me_S1EP03.ts -acodec libfaac -aq 100 -vcodec libx264 -preset slow
 -crf 22 -s 1280x720 -aspect 16:9 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2
 Lie_To_Me_S1EP03.mp4

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/562>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>