[FFmpeg-trac] #1642(avformat:closed): -f segment: automagically generate #EXTM3U tags to -segment_list generated playlists

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Aug 19 03:32:31 CEST 2012

#1642: -f segment: automagically generate #EXTM3U tags to -segment_list generated
playlists
             Reporter:  kelexel      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by kelexel):

 Finally, I can only point you towards apple own docs on HLS (after all, we
 are in this mess because of them), you will see none of their samples look
 like what your patch is generating as playlist.

 1) EXT-X-TARGETDURATION always sits on top
 2) EXTINF always contains the -segment_time, not the real time of the file

 Please consider fixing your patch to make it HLS compliant

 Thank you.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1642#comment:7>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>