[FFmpeg-trac] #1688(undetermined:open): FFmpeg + libass gives Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Aug 26 18:39:28 CEST 2012

#1688: FFmpeg + libass gives Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid
region tag
             Reporter:  Xtophe       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by Xtophe):

 Found the resaon why it isn't working.
 Apparantly this error only appears when FFmpeg can indeed not load the
 Fontconfig (I wass wrong telling it is not).

 Now, I do all the compiling in a Ramdisk. This is a easy and fast way to
 do so.
 The problem is when you compile Fontconfig, it creates the ETC folder into
 the ramdisk. And FFmpeg will always look at that folder (in the ramdisk).
 Offcourse it cannot find it.

 So what we I need is a way to compile Fontconfig so it will look in the
 root of FFmpeg. This way I only have to place the ETC content in the root
 of the FFmpeg binary.

 How can I do this?

 BTW my wife is killing me .. I have done a straight 24hours compiling
 ffmpeg with libass... :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1688#comment:9>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>