[FFmpeg-trac] #1985(undetermined:new): Looking for a way to convert MS Powerpoint presentations to video using FFmpeg

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Dec 3 20:52:01 CET 2012

#1985: Looking for a way to convert MS Powerpoint presentations to video using
FFmpeg
             Reporter:  vk5ztv       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by reimar):

 I think it's safe to say there is no way we will implement a PowerPoint
 parser and renderer, huge projects like OpenOffice/LibreOffice barely
 manage to get something working, there is no way we could do it.
 Even more so since it just doesn't fit into the demuxer/decoder split that
 FFmpeg assumes.
 If you want this feature, it would be more realistic to ask one of the
 Office suites to implement a "render/export to video" feature, possibly by
 using FFmpeg. Similar to what e.g. Blender provides.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1985#comment:2>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>