[FFmpeg-trac] #993(undetermined:reopened): ffmpeg / ffplay fails to correctly decode interlaced h264 (MTS container) when using default number of threads

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Feb 11 13:01:13 CET 2012

#993: ffmpeg / ffplay fails to correctly decode interlaced h264 (MTS container)
when using default number of threads
             Reporter:  ls           |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by ls):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  needs_more_info =>

Comment:

 I did a bit more testing and this problem can be reproduced with other
 interlaced h264 MTS that is available on the web:
 [http://www.kdenlive.org/forum/h264-avchd-raw-footage Old Kdeenlive forum
 post]

 I have attached a screenshot of the artifacts created using the video from
 here:
 [http://file.meyersproduction.com/hg10/00009.MTS.zip]

 Using default threading (-threads 0) only few artifacts show up in this
 sample. Using -threads 4 produces worse results:
 {{{
 ffplay -threads 4 00009.MTS
 }}}

 Transcoding with ffmpeg creates the same artifacts as described in the
 initial post.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/993#comment:4>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>