[FFmpeg-trac] #996(undetermined:new): Segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) when using ISMV muxer (FFMpeg 0.10). Muxer usage example wanted.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Feb 12 11:07:37 CET 2012

#996: Segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) when using ISMV muxer (FFMpeg 0.10). Muxer
usage example wanted.
             Reporter:  vlad_ri      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by vlad_ri):

 Replying to [comment:1 cehoyos]:
 > Is the crash only reproducible with -acodec libfaac or also with -an ?
 > Is -vcodec libx264 needed to reproduce the crash or is -vcodec mpeg4
 sufficient?
 > Does it also crash without "-movflags frag_keyframe" ?
 > Is a specific sample needed for the crash, or does it happen for every
 input file?

 No specific sample is needed. The crash happens with any input file,
 including streaming source (udp in my case).
 Yes, it crash without "-movflags frag_keyframe" too. But IMHO "-movflags"
 key is required for ISMV, fragmentation parameters should be somehow
 passed to muxer.
 Same behavior with "-an" and "-acodec libfaac".
 As I know, ISMV may contain only h264/vc-1 for video and aac/wma for
 audio. Any way, I tried both libx264 and mpeg4, both resulted in crash.

 In the same time, I must mention that the crash is muxer specific. Usage
 of FLV muxer with the same input parameters was successful. The following
 command was used for FLV:
 ffmpeg_g -y -i /home/test/Kak_ukrast_million.avi -c:a libfaac -c:v libx264
 -movflags frag_keyframe -f flv /home/test/Kak_ukrast_million.flv

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/996#comment:2>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>