[FFmpeg-trac] #1037(avcodec:new): avcodec_alloc_context3 and avcodec_alloc_frame causes app to exit on Android 3.2

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Mar 5 09:23:48 CET 2012

#1037: avcodec_alloc_context3 and avcodec_alloc_frame  causes app to exit on
Android 3.2
---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Reporter:  pawg     |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:           |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0        |
---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 I am trying to decode H264 video on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Android
 3.2, kernel version 2.6.36.3. I am using FFmpeg software decoder. When I
 try to allocate context or frame using avcodec_alloc_context3 or
 avcodec_alloc_frame, my app freezes and after about 5 seconds exits
 without any error or log captured on Logcat.

 Code which fails:

 AVCodec* myCodec;
 AVCodecContext* myContext;
 AVFrame* myFrame;

 myCodec = avcodec_find_decoder(CODEC_ID_H264);
 myContext = avcodec_alloc_context3(myCodec);
 myFrame = avcodec_alloc_frame();

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1037>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>